Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4th morning


 We started off the morning of 4th of July with a yummy breakfast cooked by the Bishopric.  It was a great turnout and I didn't have to cook.   I had to take my Patriotic pictures too!!!
My girls!!!!
Angela, Emily and I
Pace Family
After breakfast, we participate in the annual community parade.  It's such a fun tradition for the community and the kids decorate the scooters, and bikes for the parade.  Others walk their dogs and wave flags.  It's just great to be a part of the parade.  The weather was a little cooler which made the parade much better.
The family chose to walk Grandma's dog for the parade

Danni and Sayori - cute girls
Kids ready to march in the parade and wave those flags
Jim and the kids participated in the parade while I sat somewhere on the route and cheered them on.   It was fun to see all the participates, especially my kiddos.  It was a short, but great parade that involved the community not just the members of our ward.  There were many non- member, so this is a great missionary experience that is so easy to do.  After the parade, there are snow cones, watermelon, and friendly chit chat.  
Walking in the parade

It was great to see the missionaries ride alongside the members of the community
Snow cones and watermelon
It was a great morning, now on to the rest of the day!!!!!

No comments: