Monday, July 14, 2014

Memorable Monday
Family Reunion 2005

In 2005, we had a family reunion in Benson.  The reunion was over the Fourth of July weekend and since we were coming down at that time, they decided to bless Briley.  Debbie told our family to be quiet during the family dinner after the blessing.  Jim told Steve his dam jokes and we were laughing and having a blast.  Jim didn't plan that well, but it is one of my fond memories of this trip.  I remember that Debbie rented a huge waterslide which was so fun to use.  Rachel and I had a blast going down the slide.  We went to the Benson parade with the kids.  It was fun for my kids to watch a small town parade.  The kids slept outside in the tents, while the adults slept in the bedrooms.  On the birthday, Jim took me on a ride on the sand rail, while the kids decorated the tent that my family was using.   When I got back from the ride, I was supposed to go in the tent, but I went back to the bedroom and took a nap.  It was several hours before I saw the signs that everyone made for me.  This was such a fun trip for our family and since Lisa, Debbie, and I had little ones, it was great not to have to travel so far.  It was so nice of Debbie to host this family reunion and plan the family photos.  
Briley's Blessing
Debbie asked me to take some pics of her.
Family Pictures 
Photo shots
Playing in the park during photo shoot
Parade

No comments: