Monday, February 16, 2015

Memorable Monday
Red Measles

The news have been reporting about the measles epidemic the past few months that started in Disneyland.  Parents haven't been giving their children shots in fear that their children will get autism.

My mom gave me the MMR shot, but I wasn't able to get  another shot because my mom was on bed rest with Steven.  I caught the measles and was really sick.  My mom felt really bad that she couldn't get me that shot.  My brother Jeff caught the measles too.  I had to miss a valentines day party because I was sick.  It was around this time when my Great Grandma Wall passed away and my mom had to stay home with sick kids along with the bedrest she needed with Steve.  Every thing worked out and Jeff and I recovered.  When I went to school, I received the shot.  That was a difficult time for my mom and I really felt bad about that..  When I applied to ASU, I needed to prove that I had the MMR shot, but I proved to them that I had the red measles instead.  They accepted that and I went to ASU.  When I was pregnant with Danni, the doctors told me that I was not immune to Rubella, which can be very dangerous to the unborn baby if the mom gets it.  So, after I delivered Danni, I got the MMR shot.  I shouldn't have just got the shot before I went to ASU.  


No comments: