Monday, February 9, 2015

Memorable Monday
Until We Meet Again

I received a text from my mother-in-law telling that her sweet sister had passed away.  She was 83 years old. I met Lucille a few times, but I didn't know her well.  I read in her obit that she had a large family.  I know that my mother-in-law will miss her. but we know that she is in a good place.  I know that Myrna will see her sister again.

Three days before I received Myrna's text, I watched the news about a 21 year old boy who was murdered. Grant attended Mesa High and was involved in drama and student council.  His death greatly affected the community, especially those who knew him personally.  I met Grant a few times when I went to QT.  This story really broke my heart.

I think back to the time that I lost my grandparents.  My Grandma Wall died when I was 12 years old.  She was very sick and we knew that it was a possibility that she would die soon.   My Grandpa Wall had a stroke when I was 14 and we watched him struggle with his health in a rest home for many years. He died almost 10 years later. We loved Grandpa Wall and know that he is with Grandma Wall.  My Grandpa Burbidge was killed in a jeep accident when my mom was 3 years old.  I know that his death was hard to understand for his family.  I can't wait to meet him after this life. My Grandma Shaw died when I was 13 years old.  She was battling cancer and winning until a blood clot claimed her life.     I was sad to hear that my Grandpa Shaw died in 2000.  He lived a long, good life.  Death is difficult to understand and move forward. It doesn't make it easier if you know that death is coming, it takes great faith to accept death.  I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the comfort I receive that I will be united with my loved ones.

No comments: