Monday, November 9, 2015

Memorable Monday
My Name

 My maiden name is Wall.  I was named after Debbie Reynolds in a movies called Tammy.  I spelled my name Tammy until I entered high school.  Then I changed it to Tami.  I practiced all summer so I could spell it right.  Since it was a nickname, I could spell it anyway I want to.  Most people spell Tamra - Tamera or Tamara.  I had a hard time with that.  Everyone spelled it wrong.  My middle name is the name of my Grandpa. - Lee Burbidge.  He was killed in an accident when my mom was very young.  I can't wait to meet the man I am named after.  I am very honored to be named after him.  My full maiden name is Tamra Lee Wall.  

In high school, there was a girl named Tammy Watts  Our names were very similar.  One day in school, I was called to see the registrar.  They were concerned that I hadn't passed some key test to graduate.  I knew that I passed those tests.  I looked up my name on a chart and the told the registrar that I pass the test.  Apparently they had me mixed up with Tammy Watts.  Another teacher mixed us up too.  She wrote in my yearbook "Watt a girl.  She thought I was Tammy Watts.  One day I joined a  musical group.  It was an orchestra with many different schools.  There was a girl there that played the violin.  Her name was Tammy Wall too.  That is so weird.  I married Jim and took his last na e.  I love that man.

No comments: