Sunday, December 4, 2016

Gas Leak


While we were in Sacrament Meeting, I noticed several Priesthood Leaders motioning to each other to leave the room.  I thought that was weird.  I later noticed that President Johnson who was sitting on the stand just moments ago was gone.  I looked towards the foyer and some him talk to someone before he returned back to his seat on the stand.  We were singing the closing song, when he stood up and interrupted us to inform us that there was a gas leak in the bldg.  I noticed the smell earlier and wondered if my laptop, which was in the RS room at the time, was on fire.  We quickly evacuated the bldg and the fire department was already on scene,  There was a firefighter dressed ready to go in the bldg and see what the problem was.  We went home since the rest of church was cancelled.  I found out that the church that meets after us was able to attend all 3 hrs. of church.  It was an exciting day and it turned out great, except I will miss the amazing RS lesson that Jeanne worked so hard on.

No comments: