Thursday, January 3, 2019

UT Wall's Visit

 Jeff and his family came down to visit after Christmas.  Dad was still in the hospital, so Jeff would visit him with his family there.  We would hear how Jacob loved the trains downstairs or how Jacob would push buttons.  After Jeff had been here a couple of days, I got the cal that they were going to transfer him to a long term care facility.  I was so happy to hear that he was leaving the hospital.  Jeff was with me when I received the call.  It was good news.  That night, the siblings and the spouses and mom when out to eat at Chilies.  It was nice to get out and spend time with mom.  She was been so worried about my dad and we have been splitting our time with mom and dad.  

My dad with Jacob at the hospital
Seeing the Train

After my dad was transferred, we had some family time at Desert Blossom.  There was not a lot of space, so we didn't met together there often.  Dad was getting some physical therapy and seemed to be improving.  I told him that if he worked hard there that I would get my ham radio license.  When my dad saw his grandchildren, his spirits improved a great deal.  Lauren, Jacob, and the girls would see my dad almost every day, even when they were spending time with Lauren's Grandparents.  The day before Jeff left to go home, he gave my dad a blessing and I felt that everything was going to be OK.  After the blessing, Jeff and his family went home.
Jacob giving Grandpa special attention
Checking out Desert Blossom

Superheroes to help Grandpa
Saying goodbye to Grandpa

We spent a lot of time with my mom too during this time.  Jeff's kids got to meet Manny for the first time.  They each took turns holding the little guy. There was a lot of family time, just not all together.  We were visiting dad, hanging out with mom, and doing projects.  
Holding Manny
Briley, Emmy, and Kenzie
Angela and the twins
Emmy and the twins

Lisa, Debbie, Lauren, and I had an opportunity to go to the temple.  It was really nice to go especially since this past month as been so devoted to my dad while he was in the hospital and rehab.  I really needed to go to the temple and feel the spirit.

No comments: