Sunday, January 27, 2019

Trip to Utah

We went to Utah to attend Seph's wedding.  We were there for 2 days and wanted to pack as much fun as we could during those 2 days.  I was shocked at how much we did and how much fun we had.

The first day, we went to Temple Square.  Lauren's mom gave us a tour of the Church office building.  We wen to the top and looked around.  Afterwards, we walked around a bit and ended up at the north visitor's center and looked at the Christus.  I love Temple Square and visiting the grounds.  On our way back to Jeff and Laurens, we stopped by Nielsens for lunch.  I really miss those fries and fry sauce.  Later, we played in the snow in a field near Jeff & Lauren's home.  They had a sled that we used to go sledding.  It was so fun to play in the snow, go sledding and make a snowman.  We made a great snowman that we named Lumpy.  We had a hard time assembling him, but Addie figured out a way  to get the middle section of the ground.  Thanks Addy, she is a smart girl.  
Out time at Temple Square
Pics with the Walls
Playing in the Snow
Playing in the snow part 2

The next day, we stopped by to see the Jordan River Temple and the the Provo Center Temple before heading down to the Payson Temple.  We were early to arrive and walked around before the ceremony started.  I'm so glad that Jim and I were able to attend the wedding ceremony together.  It was so incredibly sweet to be there and to be reminded of the covenants that Jim and I made when we were married.  After the ceremony, we had a chance to talk a little more with Mardy and Iralee before the wedding couple came out of the temple.  Seph's wife is beautiful inside and out.  It was so nice to meet her and her family.  We went to the luncheon afterwards and then headed back to Bountiful.
Jordan River Temple
Looking at the Temple
Provo City Temple
Provo city temple atrium
Payson Temple
Pics with the UT Paces
Cousins and Siblings
Mr. and Mrs. Seph Pace
Pace Family

Steve and his family came up to Bountiful and we had dinner together and hung out.  I love being able to see my brothers when I come to Utah.  It was cool to see the all the cousins together too.  I wish that I could have stayed longer in UT to hang with my brothers more, but getting to take a 4 day trip while my parents are struggling at home was hard to do.  A huge thanks to Lisa for sitting with my parents so I could go on this trip.
Cousins

We had a great visit and stopped by the Bountiful Temple before heading home.  This temple is very visible from the front room window, but it was nice to close to it.
Bountiful Temple

No comments: