Tuesday, December 31, 2019

December UT Trip

The day after Christmas, we drove up to see my dad.  We left early and had a great trip.  We were able to see my dad before he went to bed.  It was so great to see him.  Jim and the kids hadn't seen him since July.  We were only able to stay for just a bit because it was getting kind of late for him.  My kids were so excited to see Jeff's kids and quickly got settled.  We played a lot with the kids.  Since it was just after Christmas, there were a lot of fun toys that the Wall kids wanted to show me and the kids.  It was fun just to play with them.

We did a lot of fun things while we were in Utah - we went sledding twice.  My kids love the snow and can't get enough of the snow.  We celebrated Jeff's birthday with Steve, Rachel, and their kids.  My dad came too and told us a lot of his stories.  Jim and I went out to dinner with Jeff and Lauren to celebrated Jeff's birthday.  We went to see my mom's grave and pay our respects.  It was so cold that we couldn't stay long, but it was good for my family to see the grave stone.  We sure do miss her.  We went to church with my dad and had lunch with him afterwards.  We visited with Mardy, Iralee, and their kids.  We had a blast playing games with the.  We visited with Richard and Gary with my dad at his place.  It was a nice visit   We went to the temple square and walked around the grounds one last time before the church changes the grounds.  We found out that they have a Crumble next door.  Of course we had to have a cookie.  We watched old Disney movies, which we agreed are the best. We went out to eat at Subway and a Pizza joint with Jeff, Lauren, and their kids.   We loved just hanging out with family.  It was a great trip to hang with my dad.
Visiting my dad
My mom's grave site
We love playing in the snow
Going to Church with my dad

Sledding day 1
Hanging with cousins
Visiting Temple Square
Christmas Lights at dusk

No comments: