Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorable Monday
5 Significant Events in my Life

Here are list of 5 significant events that shaped my life.  There are more events that could be added to this list, but this made the top  list.

1- My wedding to Jim - I remember Jim picking me up and taking me to the temple in his red truck.  I remember sitting in the sealing room next to the one where are family was waiting for us. I remember holding his hand and talking.  That day was over 25 years ago and we have since started a family and created a wonderful life for ourselves.  We are really good friends and like to be with each other.  Because of my marriage to Jim, I have 4 amazing kids and a grandson.  This was the single most significant event in my life and I love that I remember the events that took place before the wedding ceremony.

2- Becoming a mother - I love being a mother and getting to know these amazing kids of mine.  I've learned as a mother that no matter what I teach them, they are independent children with the own personalities.  As my kids have gotten older, I've learned to trust them and watch them grow.  Being a mom changes over time, but my love for them as grown.  I've learned to be self-less and to serve.  I also learned that I have 4 friends for life.

3- Going to college - I graduated from ASU but rarely have I used my degree.  I have learned that I can do hard things and that I have confidence in myself.  College was really hard but I didn't give up.  I took some classes that challenged me and had to retake.  I learned that failure is apart of life and that I just need to pick myself and continue on.  I also made some really good friends along the way and learned how to make friends on my own.

4- Becoming Angela's Guardian - Making this decision was hard for me.  I swayed back and forth because I was scared to go to court.  I finally decided that I needed to do this for Angela.  It was hard, but I learned so much about guardianship in the process.  I know that I made the best decision and I didn't let the fear win.  It has not only given me the power to help Angela, it has given me a better bond with Angela.  We are able to talk about things with more ease.  It strengthened our relationship which has been the best part and a bit of a surprise.

5- The death of my mom - My reaction to my mom's death surprised me.  I questioned a lot of things, even the Plan of Salvation.  I've had a year to mourn her death and think on some things.  I've learned that I need to strengthen my testimony by doing what our church leaders have asked us to do.  I miss my mom and her stories, her teasing, her joys, her testimony, and just her.  It shook my world more than I expected and have learned that I need to live more in the present and continue building my testimony.

No comments: