Thursday, July 24, 2008

Angela's Swim Lesson

Angela just finished swim lessons this year. I didn't enroll her in any swim classes last year, but I needed to this year. Her Occupation Therapist (a therapist who specialized in fine motor skills) in school wants Angela to get involved in sports that involves moving both hers arms and legs simultaneously. Swimming, dancing, and gymnastics do just that. She is going to take dance in the fall. Her OT hopes that this will help her fine motor skills, including handwriting. She has been doing well in her large motor skills, so I gave her a break in sports, but now I need to get her involved again. It was nice just having Angela hang out at home. I miss that so much with her since she started school at she was just 2 months shy of being 3. She needed to start school early to continue the therapies she was receiving.

Angela did so well at swim lessons this year. It was so fun to watch her learn and she enjoyed every minute of it. I enjoyed watching her learn to swim naturally and on her own. I remember the frustration and tears in learning to crawl and walk. Learn to swim was so different and as natural for her as walking is for most toddlers. She loves to put her face under water and swim just like a fish. I was so proud of her! I don't have any pictures of her in the pool! The battery died, but a picture couldn't do justice on her swimming skills.

1 comment:

Bren's Life said...

Alright Angela! Great job...