Sunday, July 27, 2008

Emily's Primary Talk


The youngest Emily is really shy. When we are in public, she stays really close and doesn't like to talk to anyone she doesn't know real well. Emily has a hard time going to Primary. She struggled going to Primary until February and then she went with Dani. Lately, Emily has struggled going to Primary by herself. Since she is my baby, I am willing to stay with her and help her to class. Today, it was her turn to give a talk in Primary. I was nervous to see how it would play out. Before church, I told her that it was her turn to talk into the microphone and give her talk. She seemed excited to do just that. When Primary started, Emily refused to go to Primary. I took her and she clung to me for most of opening exercises. When it was her turn, I carried her to the pulpit and was ready to give the talk myself. I put her feet and put the microphone to her level and whispered the first few words of her talk. To my surprise, she gave her talk in Primary. I was so proud of her. I think the idea of speaking in the microphone was an opportunity she wasn't going to miss. She sat down with her primary class and I was able to make my escape. I was so proud of my Emily. We'll see what happens next week.

2 comments:

Bren's Life said...

That is Awesome! Josh has never gone up to do anything. He just can't over come that fear..
Way to go!

Autumn and Keith said...

I am so excited for Emily! I missed her when she was in nursery. She was a good helper. How are you? I always lookforward to checking my blog and find a comment from you.Thanks for being my friend!
Autumn