Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How many times should one see Santa?

Angela and Emily have seen Santa 4 times this season. We didn't plan on seeing so many Santas, but they were everywhere this year. Both of my girls loved to sit on Santa's lap, even Emily who is a little shy around strangers. The girls were so excited for Santa to make his final visit at the Pace home.

  • The first visit to Santa is always the best. This visit was captured by the news media who were there to film information about an Eagle Scout Project. A scout in our ward was holding a month long event to raise money for the Ronald McDonald house. On the first night, Santa and the media came for a visit. They filmed Emily sitting on Santa's lap, it was so sweet to watch her on TV.

  • The second visit to Santa was at the Ward Christmas party. It's so fun to see how the room is decorated. Santa arrives 1 hour before the party starts, so you better come early to see him. Angela loves to see Santa and her personality always show through.

  • The third visit to Santa was at the Orthodontist party. Every year, our orthodontist shows a snow party complete with a visit from Santa. I was so excited to go that I left my memory stick at home. I was fun to watch the kids play without documenting every step with the camera. The kids participated in the huge snowball fight, jumped in bouncy house, ate muffins, and drank hot chocolate. We went in the office to visit Santa and I was pleasantly surprised that they were taking pics of the kids with Santa. Hey, I loved that!
  • The fourth visit to Santa was after my kids participated in a family movie night, at their Aunt's apartment. Santa was visiting her apartment complex, so after the movie the younger kids headed over to see Santa. I didn't go with them for this visit, but I am very grateful for my niece who took great pictures. This is such a great picture of Santa and Angela.

No comments: