Monday, September 14, 2009

Memorable Monday
15 Shows

My high school friend sent me this tag on Facebook. It was so fun to remember the musicals and plays that I have seen and been in. I wanted to blog it so it made it in my annual blog book. This list was so fun to make and the memories came bubbling to the surface.

1. Wicked - I just saw this musical at Gammage with Jim and Dani for my birthday. After the musical was over, we bought the CD and Dani memorized every song. It was so great to hear the lyrics and remember the performance.

2. King & I - I took Dani to this musical at the Hale Theater. I wanted to see the show since I performed in the orchestra pit in high school. Dani became hooked on musicals after watching that musical. It was performed in such a small stage with a great cast. It was fun to remember the time that I played in high school.

3. Suessical the Musical - Mesa High put on this performance last Spring. I took my three girls to see it. When my girls walked into the auditorium, Thing 1 and Thing 2 entertained everyone until the show started. My three girls loved the musical and I'm so glad that I took them.

4. Phantom of the Opera - Jim invited me to see this play when we were dating. We went with his parents, siblings and their spouses, and his grandma. The musical was amazing and I loved it when the chandelier came down. The best part was sitting next to Jim, because I really liked him.

5. The Music Man - We went with Jim's family. It was Jim's first time to go to the Hale theater and he enjoyed it. I knew some of the actors which made the musical much more fun to watch.

6. Oklahoma - In high school, I played in the orchestra pit. It was a great experience for me and opened my eyes to musicals. This was my first musical out of three that I played in high school.

7. Brigadoon - This was the first and last non-high-school musical that I performed in. Get this, I played the Bass in this one. I was such a little girl playing such a big instrument. We performed this musical at the Promised Valley Playhouse.

8. Footloose - This was the first musical that I saw at the Hale theater. It was a girl's night out to celebrated Myrna's (my mother-in-law) birthday. The Hale has such great seats and a great price.

9. Lion King - Jim I saw this musical in January at Gammage. I really loved the costumes and the music. I just wished that I took my kids also - they do too! I did buy the music and book for the kids to enjoy.

10. Oklahoma - I saw this musical at Taylor Junior High several years ago. I was so amazed at the talent these kids have. There were several members of the cast that I knew. This was the first time that I realized how many parents volunteer to help these musicals run. Thanks to all the parents that help out!

11. Damn Yankees - I played this musical in high school. I had such a great time. I recently watched the TV version. Memories came flooding to my mind after watching it. After watching the TV version, I was shocked that the school district let us perform that musical. Now that I'm older, I see it in a different light.

12. Mama Mia - Okay, I saw this movie in the theater - I hope that counts. It was a girl's night and we laughed the whole time. Some of us were singing right along with the movie. I've never had so much fun watching a musical on the big screen before.

13.Arsenic and Old Lace - I saw this play at Jordan High after I graduated. I knew the main actor and I thought he did an amazing job. I laughed so hard and enjoyed the play so much.

14. Cash on Delivery - I took my two oldest kids to see this play at Mesa High. It was slapstick comedy and they absolutely loved it. It was fun to watch my kids enjoy the play.

15. Sound of Music - I love this musical and never get tired of watching it. My mom told me that her mission president let them watch it while they were on their mission. I didn't know that they could do that.

2 comments:

Chyrisse Ballard said...

fun memories, great plays (or movies). Everything is better on the stage. Don't mind if I copy your idea on my blog do you?

leesaloo2 said...

The only one I have not seen in some form or another was the Lion King musical. But I don't need to see it cuz Cort can tell me all about it!