Monday, September 21, 2009

Memorable Monday
Great-Grandma Wall

My dad's cousin came to visit this past week. It was so fun to talk with them and listen to their stories about my Great-Grandma Wall (Selma). I remember her just a little, mostly I remember that I could barely understand her. She was born in Sweden and came to the US in her early 20's. While serving a mission in Sweden, my Great-Grandpa (Conrad Wall) met her. Conrad came home from his mission, married, and had a couple of kids. His wife died shortly after. Selma crossed the Atlantic, traveled west to Utah and settled in Holladay and met Conrad again. They were married and had a couple more kids. When my dad's cousin came to town, they talked about Conrad and Selma and I learned a lot. I don't often stories about her and stories about my Great-Grandpa Wall. I really enjoyed listening and wish I could have heard more.

Here is a picture of my Great-Grandma Wall, my Grandparents, Parents, Lisa and I. My Great- Grandma passed away was I was young so I don't remember too much about her. I do remember she had a strong accent. I could barely understand much of what she said.

1 comment:

leesaloo2 said...

you forgot to mention Selma came over through Ellis Island and her name is in their records. But I remember the same thing: I could not understand her either!