Monday, February 1, 2010

Memorable Monday
Field Trip to Firestation

Emily's preschool class went on a field trip to the fire station this last week. Unfortunately, Emily had a horrible cough and didn't go on the field trip. She was sad at first, but she started playing some video games and forgot all about the field trip. We live close to a fire station and I know that there will be more field trips to the fire station. I was reminded of the first time I went with Josh to the fire station.


The whole school took a field trip to the fire station when Josh was in 1st grade. It had been a year since the 9-11 attacks and the school wanted to thank the fire fighters in our neighborhood for the service that they do. I went with Josh on this field trip and talked to him about the service that that the firefighters and policeman do. There were police cars along the route helping keep the kids safe as they walked to the station and back. It was a neat experience for the community and those who participated.

This is a picture of Josh and his classmates before the field trip.

Here are the students at the fire station.

Josh posing with his teacher and classmates.

Josh posed with the police officers on the way back to school.

1 comment:

Shelly and Ron Huber said...

That's AWESOME! I'm working on my blog book! What a great idea! I love it!