Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stake Conference

Dani and Angela had the opportunity to sing at Stake Conference this year. They practiced the songs for a couple of Saturdays before the big event. It was a great experience for the both of them and the music was beautiful. Music adds such a great spirit to the meeting and I was thrilled to have my girls participate. They sat in the choir seats for the whole 2 hours and I missed having them sit with me, and I really enjoyed conference. Their cousin, Zach, sang in the choir with them.
Ashley, another cousin, was the youth speaker at Stake Conference and did an awesome job. I know that she was nervous, but she showed such confidence when she was on the stand and when she stood at the podium giving her talk. I noticed that my kids were listening to her talk and I really enjoyed her message. She posed the question of asking why things happen. Why was Ashley asked to speak in Stake Conference and why are family members taken from their loved ones so soon? As she spoke, I thought of my own mother who has been struggling with her health. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us all and knows the daily struggles we are facing. It was a great conference!

No comments: