Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mom's Surgery

My mom had hip replacement surgery on January 25th. After a few days in the hospital, she went to a rehab center for recovery. The facility was nice and the staff were kind and helpful during my mother's recovery. The grand kids could visit her in her room and we often had big Sunday socials in the room. It was amazing how many people we could fit into the room. My mom's spirits were always lifted when we came for a visit.

Unfortunately, my mom develop a really bad infection and doctor decided that metal that replaced her hip needed to be removed and the area surrounding the hip cleaned out in hopes of fighting the infection. The doctor will put in a temporary hip and then re-evaluate the situation a couple months later. It was heartbreaking news to hear that the hip replacement surgery didn't work out. My mom has been in the rehab center for so long and was so excited to return home, this news was really tough to hear. She is having her surgery today and I know that Heavenly Father is will watch over her.

No comments: