Saturday, March 3, 2012

Relief Society Women's Conference

We started off the YW conference with some wonderful speakers and beautiful musical numbers.  I was in the choir for this conference.

"How Can I Keep from Singing"
My life flows on in endless song, above earth's lamentation, 
I hear the sweet though far-off hymn that hails a new creation,
Through all the tumult and the strife, I hear the music ringing
It finds an echo in my soul, How can I keep from singing?
What though my joys and comforts die?  The Lord, My Savior liveth,
What though the darkness gather found? Songs in the night He giveth,
No storm can shake my in-most calm, while to the Refuge clinging,
Since Christ is Lord of heav'n and earth, How can I keep from singing?


Sis. Favreau - "We are all struggling to find joy - lift others instead of comparing our weakness to other's strengths."  She brought up the song - "How Can I Keep from Singing" in her talk. " How Can I not be joyful with what I know."
Sis. Rainwater - "Be a participant not a spectator - spiritually, not just physically"
Greg Olson  did a slide show presentation of his artwork and mentioned that "Perspective changes things".

There were 3 classes that we could take.  I chose these 3 classes and learned so much.  I enjoyed attending the classes and feeling the spirit that was there.


1- "Organize and Prioritize Your Life
 -" Trust in Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness.  Let go what is not yours."

2- Change
- "Desire is first."
- "Recognize I have incorrect patterns."
- "Take Lessons"
- "Practice the thing you learn"

2- My Soul Delighteth 
- "Scriptures are like pockets of light...They can become eternal friends." - Richard G. Scott
-"There is much distraction and not enough joy" - Julie B. Beck

After the conference was over, we had a yummy lunch.  After the lunch, I participated in a flash dance which was SO much fun.
Greg Olson and I


  

No comments: