Monday, February 24, 2014

Memorable Monday
Grandma Shaw - Blood Clot

I was in the hospital from a blood clot found in my spleen.  We found it from a CT scan that was ordered to look at a suspicious spot on my lung, which turned out to be nothing.  I was treated at the hospital with blood thinners and returned home in a couple of day.  I learned that I have a family history of blood clots, which includes my Grandma Shaw.
Dann and Jocelyn came for a visit
My Grandma Shaw died of a blood clot that formed in her leg and moved up and eventually killer her.  She was recovering from breast cancer and we weren't able to see her as often as we would have liked.  We were so shocked to hear that she had died.  I still remember the conversion my mom had on the phone when she found out.  I remember we spend the rest of the day at the Lloyd's house crying and playing video games.  She was so young and getting better, so why?  We don't know why, but we know that we will see her again.


No comments: