Monday, February 17, 2014

Memorable Monday
Winter Olympics

I love to watch the Olympics and I feel like I know the athletes.  They come into my home via TV and I cheer alongside them as they compete.  My mom really enjoys the Figure Skating during the winter Olympics.  We both fell in love with Michelle Kwan and hoped she would finally grab the gold medal.  There were other skaters who captures our hearts too.

  • Brian Boitano - gold medal - figure skating
  • Scott Hamilton - gold medal - My mom's favorite!!  He does flips
  • Dorothy Hamill - gold medal
  • Peggy Fleming - gold medal
  • Tara Lipiski - gold medal
  • Sarah Hughes - gold medal
  • Michelle Kwan - 2 Silver medals behind Tara & Sarah
  • Dan Jansen - race skater from turned tragedy to triumph
  • Apollo Ohno - race skater
  • Meryl/Davis - Silver ice dancers
  • Charlie/White - Gold ice dancers
The winter Olympics came to SLC and I was sad that I didn't live there anymore.  When we came to visit SLC in 2006, I stopped by Rice Stadium (U of U Stadium) to see the torch and take some pictures with my kids near the Olympic symbols.
Angela near the Olympic torch 
Danni near the Olympic torch
Jim and Emily near the Olympic torch
Josh near the Olympic torch
My kids and I near the base of the Olympic torch
 When we came to Salt Lake City, I saw this super cool artwork and I took some snapshots.  Super cool art work!!!

No comments: