Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014


Easter Pageant - I love going to the Easter Pageant and hearing and seeing the life of Christ portrayed by members of our community. One of Josh's friends was an angel and a member of the mob.  We were able to see him and take a picture with him.  We went to the Pageant the same day as Grandma and Grandpa Pace.  It was so fun to sit with them and hang out with them before the Pageant started.
Zach and Josh with Jacob
City of Mesa Easter Egg Hunt - We went to the MAC for an Easter Egg hunt.  There were so many kids and so little eggs that the hunt for over in 2 minutes.  My girls got some coupons to the local stores.  We visited a local watering hole before returning home for some more Easter traditions.

Dyeing Easter Eggs - We always make time to dye eggs during Easter time.  We tried a new method of painting colors after the eggs were dyed.  It was fun to do something different than just dyeing the eggs.  We had a great time dyeing eggs and eating Peeps.  Our family loves stale Peeps - call us crazy!!

Temple Service - My sister Debbie came into town and we went to do a session at the Gilbert Temple.  It was so fun to go to the temple with my sisters.  It was amazing to go through the Gilbert Temple.  

Easter Sunday - I love Easter Sunday and make a big deal about Easter Dresses and pictures.  I love the message that Easter brings that we can live again because of our Savior.  That we can live again as a family unit.  I love my family and I love having the knowledge that my Savior died for me so that I can be resurrected and live with my family if I live worthy and endure to the end.
My family on Easter Sunday
My kids plus a couple more
My Kids on Easter Sunday

Easter Celebration with Grandparents - We had a yummy Easter dinner with Grandma Wall - Ham and Scalloped Potatoes.  Grandma Wall had cute little Easter bags for  the kids.  We used to hide Easter Eggs, but that tradition has died.  We need someone to revive that one.  Maybe some of the teenagers can get that going again.  The day after Easter, the Paces get together for pizza and an egg hunt.  The teenagers hide the eggs and the little ones go and find them.  The teenagers received chocolate bunnies for hiding the eggs.  The adults spend the time catching up and discussing the latest news.   I love spending time with my extended families. 
Fun time with the grandparents!!!

No comments: