Friday, September 26, 2014

Homecoming


Homecoming Week at Mesa High had a Neverland theme this year.  My kids dressed up during the spirit week and I was able to take a few pics.  Danni dressed up a child who never grew up, Angela dressed up as TinkerBell, and Josh dressed up on Friday for Spirit Day.  Mesa High kids really get dressed up for Spirit week and have a lot of fun doing it.

Spirit Week
Mesa High holds a bon-fire during the week too.  

bon-fire
On Friday, Mesa High has a parade that goes around the neighborhood starting with the Marching Band.  I love watching my son march in the parade.  We were able to get a great picture of him. Danni was going to find a float to be in and she did.  What a gal!!  Each class has a float with the Neverland theme.  The girls on the freshman float wavyed and called out to Angela when their float came by.  She felt so loved and important at that moment.  It was my one of my favorite moments of Homecoming.   After the parade the band plays a few songs in the Mesa High parking lot.  I always miss that part.  Mesa High hosts a carnival afterwards.  We skipped the carnival this year. 
Josh marching in the parade
Danni in the parade
The highlight of homecoming week is the game. I was able to watch the some of the game with Danni, which was a first for the tow of us.  This was another great moment for me this week.  Mesa High played their homecoming game against Tucson and won 42 - 6.  YAY!!!!  Here are some pictures of the highlights of the game.
Homecoming Game
Homecoming King and Queen presentations
Danni and I at the Homecoming Game

No comments: