Sunday, October 19, 2014

Josh's Talk

Josh gave an amazing talk today.  I came to church this morning and looked at the program and saw that Josh was speaking.  I was totally shocked and wondered if Josh knew he was speaking or if he was prepared.  After the sacrament, Josh got up to the pulpit and gave an amazing talk about his desire to go on a mission.  I was very impressed with his talk.   I asked Josh if he remembered that he was to give a talk.  He told me that he remembered when he got to church.  He can come up with a 5-10 minute talk on his feet - that's a great skill to have on a mission.  Here is what Josh wrote:
"Today I talked about serving a mission and how I have prepared for it. I had talked about how I had come to know for myself that I wanted to serve a mission. Then talked about how I knew for myself that the Gospel was true."

No comments: