Tuesday, March 17, 2015

20th Wedding Anniversary

Jim and I just celebrated or 20th Wedding Anniversary.  We didn't do anything big, just celebrated it by spending time with our children.

Here are just some of the things that we have done in the past 20 years:  
1- Jim and I loved to go out to dinner and end up shopping at the bookstore.  One of our favorite restaurant / bookstore combinations closed a few years ago - Black Eyed Pea and Borders.  Bookstores are declining, but luckily we still have Barnes and Noble that is still open and close by.
2- Jim and I love to go to the movies with popcorn and a drink.  Lately we've watched the Maze Run series, Hunger Game series, and Lord of the Rings.  It's always a fun date.
3- Jim and I went to San Diego for a second honeymoon paid for my parents and sister.  It was fun to get away.  We went to the San Diego Zoo and did a session at the temple.
4- Jim and I loved to be the tycoon games on the computer.  Even though these were done individually, it was fun to share a hobby that we had in common.
5- Jim and I have helped each other in a time of sickness.  We know that we have each other's backs.  
6- Jim and I like to do puzzles together.  Jim has a good eye for puzzles.
7- Jim and I like to sneak away and get Circle K drinks together.
8- Jim and I love to go up to the mountains to camp or just hang out..  We can let the kids roam while we relax.
9- Jim and I both love to sleep in and do often, especially on Sundays when church starts late.
10- Jim and I used to go on lunch dates when Jim started working home once a week.  We used to go to a variety of different restaurants around Mesa and Gilbert.
11- Jim and I went to Sedona / Flagstaff to get away.  Emmy was still so little, so she was our little traveling buddy.
12- Jim and I traveled through AZ, UT, NV, & CA with our children.
13- Jim and I took a marriage class and parenting class through our stake.  We learned a lot about yourselves.
14 - Jim and I chaperoned a trip together - Holiday Bowl
15 - Jim and I love to reminisce about our dating days.  
16 - Jim and I are working together to solve our money problems.
17 - Jim and I volunteered at an event prior to the Super Bowl in 1996.
18 - Jim and I did temple sessions together at the Mesa Temple, San Diego Temple, and the Jordan River Temple.
19 - Jim and I have done many house and yard projects together.
20 - Jim and I work really hard to raise our 4 children.

No comments: