Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March Concerts

Music played at the march concerts are usually festival pieces. They have been practicing these pieces to take to festival competition.  The band and choir did very well in their competitions and scored very well.  It was great to hear what they played at competition since I don't usually don't go to festivals.

Band Concert
The band concert was the same day as their festival.  They earned a Superior with Distinction.  One of Josh's favorite song was "Molly and the Shore".  The clarinets have a big role in that song.
Josh before his band concert
Josh performing
Josh is the bass clarinet section leader
Playing around
Choir Concert
This concert occurred on Danni's birthday - lucky gal.   Mr Dunn is the new choir student teacher and he lives in our ward.   He conducted a few choir songs from each group.   When Angela sang, I looked everywhere for her before I realized that she was in a different spot and she undid her hair.  I'm glad that I found her because I love to watch her sing.  There was one song that A'Capella sang when the boys and girls were supposed to flirt with each other.  It was really fun to watch Danni during that song since she know how to act and sing.  I love to watch my girls sing.
Danni and Angela before choir concert 
Enchante



A'Capella 



No comments: