Saturday, March 28, 2015

Women's Conference

My daughters and I attend Women's Conference tonight.  The speakers talked a lot about the family.  I felt the spirit and wanted to remember what was spoken at the conference.  The words spoken that night were words that I needed to hear.

Sis. Carole Stephens - "Sisters, we belong. We are loved. We are needed. We have a divine purpose, work, place, and role in the Church and kingdom of God and in His eternal family. Do you know deep in your heart that your Heavenly Father loves you and desires you and those you love to be with Him? Just as “Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ are perfect … , Their hopes for us are perfect.”16 Their plan for us is perfect, and Their promises are sure. Of these truths I gratefully testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

Bonnie L. Oscarson - "Let us help build the kingdom of God by standing up boldly and being defenders of marriage, parenthood, and the home."...We should “make our homes” places of order, refuge, holiness, and safety. Our homes should be places where the Spirit of the Lord is felt in rich abundance and where the scriptures and the gospel are studied, taught, and lived. "

Pres. Henry B. Eyring -  "Many are praying to Heavenly Father for relief, for help in carrying their burdens of grief, loneliness, and fear. Heavenly Father hears those prayers and understands their needs. He and His Beloved Son, the resurrected Jesus Christ, have promised help.  Jesus Christ gave this sweet promise:  “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  The burdens His faithful servants must carry in life are made lighter by His Atonement. The burden of sin can be taken away, but the trials of mortal life for good people can still be heavy burdens."

No comments: