Monday, March 2, 2015

Memorable Monday
Temple Experience

Jim was offered a job through an employee at work.   This job offer came with a larger salary.  I was really nervous about Jim getting a new job.  I needed the flexibility that the current job was offering because of circumstances at home.  Having young children weighed heavily on my concerns.  Jim and I prayed about what to do and decided to go to the temple to help us decide.  I remember sitting in the celestial room talking with Jim about what we should do next.  We both felt the Spirit telling us that things would work out.  We left the temple that night knowing that Heavenly Father loved us and we felt good about the future.  We thought that the future was to go forward with the new job.  The next work day, Jim’s work made a counter offer and he took it ASAP.  Things worked out better than we thought they would.  This is always the first temple experience that I remember.  I’ve been to the temple and have had sweet experiences, but the feeling that I felt that evening in the celestial room with Jim as we faced a dilemma left an impression in my heart.  

1 comment:

Shelly and Ron Huber said...

What a cool story! I love memories like this that the spirit has such a powerful impact on my life.