Monday, September 21, 2015

Memorable Monday
Sandbagging

There was a storm that was coming in, so the leaders of our stake asked that some volunteers come help fill bags of sand for those neighborhoods who were flooded last year.  Since Josh was still was home, we went  to the fire station and helped fill the bags.  There were a ton of missionaries helping out, so we didn't really need to do much.  It was good to help the community.

I remember one summer when I lived in Salt Lake, we sandbagged to save home and business during a heavy runoff.  The snow in the mountains was melting too fast and caused a lot of flooding in the Salt Lake Valley.  I remember one Sunday when our church leaders told us to go home and help bag after Sacrament meeting.  It was such a great service and I know that it helped the community.  The sandbags we filled helped save homes and businesses.  I know that we worked on a Sunday, but the community needed our help.

No comments: