Monday, September 14, 2015

Memorable Monday
Teenage Years

Activities - I was involved in Orchestra and Mt. Jordan and Jordan High.  I got involved in 3 high school musicals: Oklahoma, Damn Yankees, and the King and I.  I also did a community musical called the Brigadoon where I played the Bass..  I also participated in the Dixieland Band after school playing the bass.  I also participated in many solo and ensembles, finally doing a solo during my senior year. Most of my traveling was going on trips with the Band and Orchestra.


I learned how to drive in school through Driver's Ed.  They had vehicles that we could drive.  I did horrible on the first drive in the subdivision.  I didn't want to drive anymore after that.  The next day, I had to drive the range on campus and felt much better about driving after that.  We drove the road 3 times and the range 3 time. The roads were divided into subdivisions up to the freeway.  By the time it was my turn to drive on the freeway,  my driving improved.

My driving test was not easy and I barely passed the eye test because I didn't understand the directions.  I don't really remember  the written test, but I passed it.  I barely passed the driving portion.  I was the only one on the range and didn't look for other cars.  Opps!!  I did pass the test, but barely.  Once, I could drive, my mom took advantage and had me driving a lot.  My dad had to work a lot out of state and I had to take him to and from the airport.

Best Friends - Stephanie Bacher and Rachelle Anderson were my church friends and Tracie Price, Lorraine Rogers, and Suzzanne Tate were friends from orchestra.

Dating Life - I didn't date much., but I did go to a couple of dances.  The first dance was a homecoming dance.  A boy that really liked me asked me but I didn't like him at all.  My mom was so excited for me so I went.  I hated the dance and cut up the  picture after the dance.  I admit that wasn't very nice, but I didn't want to remember it.  My senior year, I went to the senior dance with a friend.  We went stag, I paid my way and he paid his way so it wasn't a date.  It was fun and I enjoyed being with my friends.



No comments: