Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Porter Picnic

Jim and I went to the Porter Picnic and had lunch with our girl.  I had a doctor's appt early that morning, so I raced quickly back to Porter for lunch. I was worried that I wouldn't make it.   Jim went to get lunch for the 3 of us at Panda Express, one of Emmy's favorite restaurants.  

I love the Porter picnics and see how many parents show up to have lunch with their child,  I'm so glad that Jim was able to join us this year.  It's fun to sit with my friends while waiting for Emmy's lunch time.  This is one of the things that I will miss most when Emmy leaves Porter.

After the lunch, I stayed after and watched the 5th and 6th graders participate in the turkey trot.  I held my friend's baby while she ran with the kids.  What a great opportunity for the parents to get involved in the lunch and then again in the run.

No comments: