Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Presidential Election

2016 was an election year and it was very interesting one.  It came down to two candidates, and I didn't like either of them.  What to do??  That's what most of the country thought.  There was more political talk which turned into arguments.  So, I didn't want to talk much politics.   I couldn't wait for this election to end.  Trump won the election and he was the one we voted for, but I'm still concerned.  I have faith in our leaders and hope that they have our best interests in mind.  Time will tell how Trump will do.  I'm just so glad that Hillary Clinton didn't win.  It was fun to talk and vote as a family.  
As you can see, we have four voters at this house. After the last primary, we all decided to go this route and get mail in votes.  I waited two hours to vote in the primary and Jim waited around 4 hours.  The right to vote is an important one, one that we take seriously.

2004 Presidential Election Day was a wonderful day for our family. Emily was born on that day. We joked with the nurses that we would name her Laura or Teresa, depending on who won the election. We obviously didn't name her after the First Lady. The nurses lingered in my room longer each visit to hear the election results. It was nice having the extra visitors. It's a good thing that I voted early that year. My doctor made that suggestion since my due date was close to the election date.

No comments: