Sunday, May 7, 2017

Randolph House

Our ward had the opportunity to go the Randolph House again.  I went with Angela and Emily.  Angela was paired with Alice this time around.  They had a very special friend who needed very specific needs.  She was blind and deaf in one ear.   Alice and Angela would rub her arm and sing to her with her good ear.  I would periodically look at her and see them helping this special friend of theirs.  It brought tears to my heart to see Angela helping her.  Emily's special friend was mobile and just needed some to hold her book while she socialized.  It was fun to see Emily go with the flow as her friend visited as many people as she could.  My friend wanted to socialize but felt trapped by her wheelchair.  There were times I felt that she wanted to go somewhere to talk.  I trusted that feeling and I pushed the wheelchair in the direction I felt she wanted to go.  She didn't talk very clearly. 

After interacting with our special friends, we participated in a Sacrament Meeting where the youth and leaders bore their testimony about their perspective of the event that occurred earlier.  I enjoyed hearing Angela's testimony about what she learned by helping her special friend.  I'm grateful that I had this opportunity to go to the Randolph House.  This was my second time going and I learned so much on both occasions.

KBP Youth and Leaders after serving at the Randolph House
Emily, Ang, and I

No comments: