Monday, June 5, 2017

Memorable Monday
Past Temple Open Houses

When I was 12 years old. I was able to go to the Jordan River Temple Open House.  The temple was only 15 minutes away and we watched the temple being built.  We went the the groundbreaking ceremony, the open house, and dedication inside the temple.  We went and saw the temple under construction often.  I will never forget watching the temple from the beginning to the final stages and then doing baptisms for the dead,  I grew to have a testimony of the temple throughout those years, years of my youth.  I wanted my family to experience that when I had one.
Jordan River Temple under construction

My Family

AZ now has 6 temples - Mesa, Snowflake, Gila Valley, Gilbert, Phoenix, and Tuscon.  My family was able to attend all the open houses except for Mesa.  It was already dedicated before I moved down.  I do hear rumors that they will close it down for much needed renovations.  Maybe after that, I can take my family to that Mesa temple open house.  Emmy wasn't alive when the Snowflake Temple was dedicated, so she wasn't there.
Mesa Temple
Snowflake Temple
Gila Valley Temple
Gilbert Temple
Phoenix Temple
Tucson Temple

No comments: