Monday, June 12, 2017

Memorable Monday
Journal Entry June 7, 2006

These past weeks have been so busy they flew by. On Memorial Day weekend, we went camping with Jim's parents.  We went up by Pine, on top of the Rim.  It was a lot of fun.  The nights were really cold.  We played games and had a great time.  It was really dusty.  We had a difficult time keeping the kids's hands, face, and clothes clean.  We realized soon that it we were not winning the battle.  We just focused on the hands ever so often.  Otherwise, we would be cleaning every minute of the trip.  

We started swim lessons the day after we go back from camping.  The first day the water was so cold.  I didn't want to get in.  Poor Emily, she wanted to get in, but it took me 5 min. to get the water.  Now that the temperature is hotter, I don't waste time.  I get in a little quicker. 

Jim went to the Grand Canyon last weekend.  That was three camping weekends in a row.  Lucky, he enjoys camping.  They hiked down to some waterfalls.  Jim saw some people that he knew down in the canyon. He was sore and tired when he got home.  He had a great time. 

The schools in the neighborhood are providing a free breakfast and lunch for the kids.  I don't have to prepare breakfast nor lunch.  It's great fun for the kids.  I just need to remember to eat well myself.  It's hard to do by myself.  I could pay to eat with the kids, but I haven't yet.  

The girls are having their dance recitals next week.  I thought it was this week.  I almost showed up at Mesa High.  The recital is going to be at Mesa High this year.  I went to dance and found out otherwise. That would not have been good to show up and there was no recital.

No comments: