Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dance, Dance, Dance,

We had a weekend full of dance recitals. Dani had her dance recital on Friday evening at Red Mountain High. Because the recital was being professionally video taped, the studio asked that no flash pictures be taken. So I couldn't take pictures of her dancing, but I really enjoyed just watching her dance. So many times, I watch my children perform through a lens to capture them on film or video, but I don't thoroughly enjoy the moment. She is so fun to watch as she dances. She shows off her personality. She has been tapping for 6 years old and really loves it.

Dani and Angela have been taking a dance class from a neighbor. The class lasted for 2 weeks and then they put on a performance at the end of the two weeks. There were 8 girls in the class from ages 6 - 10, most of which live close by and are good friends. The danced three dances and some of the girls did solo parts. These girls did a good job and had so much fun doing it. Dani and Angela practiced at home almost every day. It was fun to see the complete performance.

On Saturday night, Dani went back to Red Mountain High. There was another dance recital that night, and Dani volunteered to help the girl with their costumes. Dani was so sweet to volunteer her time.

3 comments:

Devksi said...

I have always loved to dance! That is so neat that you started her so young! I bet she does awesome. I hope she performs at the ward talent show!!! That is good to hear that you got a new truck. It is a beautiful looking truck. Congrats :)

White Family said...

How fun! I am a big dancer also. I haven't danced very much since I got pregnant with Chase but I did ballet, contemporary, and jazz for about 10 years and gymnastics for about 7. Dance has always had a special place in my heart. I'm so glad that they love it so much, and I would also LOVE to see them perform at the church talent show! Also, congratulations on the new truck, it's beautiful!

Bren's Life said...

How fun! I can't wait to get my girls into dance. Yours look so cute