Thursday, June 5, 2008

Teaching R.S.

On Sunday, I taught the Relief Society lesson. I decided to share Sis. Beck's message from BYU Women's Conference. It was such a neat experience for me. I watched and listened her talk several time to prepare for the lesson. It was wonderful to listen to her talk over and over again. There were some awesome quotes that I wanted to share.

"The gospel is simply about knowing that we have a Father in Heaven, it's about knowing we have a Savior and making covenants with Him. It's about knowing we have a restored gospel on the earth and that we are led by a prophet and it's about testifying to one another about these truths."

"That's the world I get to live in and navigate in. How wonderful, because with that challenge comes our opportunity because we have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We have the truth and we know how to act and how to get answers. We aren't lost and left alone"

"The Relief Society organization is something wonderful where we can support and help each other to grow in our faith and help ourselves navigate in this world."

It was a wonderful blessing in my life to attend BYU Women's Conference and give this lesson in Relief Society. There is a lot of information about BYU Women's Conference this year and past years on this website: http://ce.byu.edu/cw/womensconference/archive/2008/. There is a section called Sharing Stations, there are wonderful handouts to check out.

3 comments:

Devksi said...

I looked at your post about summer being here. Isn't fun! I loved summer when I was little. I hope the last test went well with your husband.
That is a great talk you are referring to. I do have to admit, as much as I love teaching in primary I do miss going and lisenting to the lessons in RS.

Bren's Life said...

I bet you did a Great job. I really liked that talk too.

Autumn and Keith said...

Thanks for keeping our family in your prayers. Luke and I are doing good. We are keeping busy here in California. I am paitently waiting to hear from Keith. You can email me anytime at itsfall@msn.com. I wish I was there to hear your lesson.

Autumn