Sunday, June 22, 2008

Great Dads

Both Jim and I have awesome dads. We are so lucky to have such great dads.

My Dad

I have learned a lot from my dad. He has been such a great inspiration to me. I have learned so much and I wanted to publicly thank him.

  • My dad taught me the importance of getting an education. Before we moved to AZ, I was going to attend college at U of U. When things didn't work out like I had planned, my dad encouraged me to take a BYU Correspondence class. That was a great experience that I wouldn't have had without my dad's advice. After we moved to AZ, my dad helped me get started at MCC, even paying for a couple of semesters. That was enough motivation to help get me started in college. I graduated from ASU and I am grateful for my dad helping me and encouraging me along the way.

  • I am grateful that my dad holds the priesthood and was able to give me priesthood blessings. I've received some, but the one I remember most was when I broke my whole arm and needed to have surgery to fix it. I was terrified of having surgery. My dad gave me a priesthood blessing and I felt much better about having the surgery. I'll always remember that and I am grateful that my dad was able to give me that priesthood blessing.

  • My dad has shown me by example how to honor your parents. My dad took us to see our grandparents about once a week. It must have been a trip to take 5 kids an hour a way to see Grandma and Grandpa Wall. I was so grateful for that because I have memories of visiting my Grandmas. The both died by the time I became a teenager, but I remember visiting them and have fond memories. My Grandpa Wall had a stroke a year later and was in a rest home for the rest of his life. My dad visited him daily and took the family weekly to visit him. It was such a blessing to see him and I could see the love that my dad has for his own father. That strengthened our family so much.

Those are just a few memories that I have of my dad. He is such a great man and he loves his family.

My dad likes to take pictures too.


This is my dad's latest project. He build a teardrop trailer to use when we go camping this week. It looks really cool!


Jim has a great dad. Whenever Jim needs advice about cars, camping, plumbing, or really anything he calls his dad. His dad's advice is right on. Jim continually learns from his dad. He have a great relationship with his dad.

Jim's dad loves to camp and invites us often to camp with him. When we do, he makes sure that we are comfortable. The kids love to go camping with Grandpa Pace. There is plenty to do up on the Rim, but the best part is Grandpa is there to play with them. There is nothing better than watching the sunset roasting hot dogs and sipping hot chocolate with Grandpa Pace. He always makes everyone feel special.

Jim's dad loves playing with his grandchildren. On father's day weekend, he was constantly keeping the grandchildren happy by spraying water on the trampoline and occasionally at the other grandkids who decided not to jump on trampoline. The kids love that Grandpa was spending quality time with them. I love that he spends time by pushing my kids in the swing and pulling them in the wagon.




Grandpa Pace likes to take pictures too. He takes good pictures and emails the pics to me or gives them to me. We went to the zoo this year with Grandpa Pace. He was taking a lot of cute pictures that day. The kids love going to the zoo with Grandpa and feel really special when their Grandpa wants to take their picture.

We are lucky to live by both of our dads. In fact, we all live in the same stake. It's nice for Jim to attend Priesthood Meetings with his dad and my dad, but my dad is usually running around making sure that the meeting is running smoothly. Whenever we need Priesthood blessings, they are both available to help. That is such a great blessing in our lives. We love our dads and want to thank them for all that they do for us.

No comments: