Monday, November 23, 2009

Memorable Monday
Surgery

My mom was supposed to have a hip replacement surgery today. She had an infection and they postponed it until the infection clears. I'm so glad that the doctors are being careful with my mom's health. It'll be so great when she feels better and is in no more pain.

This is reminds of the time that I needed surgery to repair my arm. I broke my arm really bad on a rollerblading trip and need surgery to stabilize the elbow so that it would heal in a way that I wouldn't lose movement in my arm. I was so scared to have the surgery and was grateful for the Priesthood blessings that I received to give me the peace that I needed. I was the most nervous about being unconscious. At first, the doctors were going to place a screw in the elbow, but changed their minds when they really saw the damage. They used 20 pieces of metal including screw, nuts, wires, and some other types of metal. It was a successful surgery and I went to Physical Therapy soon after to regain the movement in my arm. A year later, they moved the metal in the upper part of my arm, and the rest 3 months later. Everything turned out great and all I have left is a scar and the bag of metal that was in my arm.

I was attending ASU and working during the time of my accident and surgery. I was unable to work for a couple months and was concerned about how I was to pay next semester's tuition. I didn't want to take a semester off of school. During this time, I was in Lambda Delta Sigma and serving as an officer in the church sponsored sorority. I went to a conference down in Thatcher, AZ where I was awarded a $500 scholarship. It was so perfect and I was able to pay my tuition for the next semester. It was a wonderful gift, especially since I handed in the form to my advisor the morning of the conference. It's amazing how the Lord knew that I needed that scholarship during that time. It's comforting to know that He is constantly aware of my needs.

No comments: