Monday, November 30, 2009

Memorable Monday
Being Thankful

As I look back on the great memories I had over Thanksgiving Weekend, I remember all the things that I am thankful for. Since there are 30 days in November, I decided to write down 30 things that I am thankful for.
  1. My family - I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, and sweet kids. They make my life so wonderful.
  2. My parents & Jim's parents - They are wonderful and are such great examples to us. We know that we can always count on their support.
  3. My Extended Family - I have the best extended family. Both Jim and I are very close to our siblings and they have truly blessed our lives. Our nieces and nephews are awesome too!
  4. The Gospel - I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints and the many blessings it has given me in my life. I'm so grateful that they Gospel as been restored in the latter days.
  5. Temples - Jim and I were married in the temple and are sealed to each other for time and all eternity. I'm so grateful to have the temple close by and visit often and remember the covenants the we have made. I'm so glad that Josh has had the opportunity to go and do Baptisms for the Dead.
  6. Prophet and Church Leaders to guide and direct us - I love to conference and hear their counsel.
  7. My Country - I'm so grateful that we live in a free country where we can vote for our leaders. There are many that I know who are serving our country to protect the freedoms that we have and I grateful for their service.
  8. Job - I am so very grateful for my husband's job and even more grateful that he enjoys what he does at work. He works very hard to support our family and I really appreciate it.
  9. Education - I'm glad that my kids have great teachers who take the time to teach them at school. When I student taught, I realized how much time and effort teachers put into their jobs. I've realized even more as I volunteered in their classrooms. Teachers are amazing! I'm also grateful for the education that Jim and I received.
  10. Friends - I have such great friends and I'm grateful to have them in my life. I'm loved catching up with old friends through technology.
  11. Health - I'm grateful that Jim, the kids and I have been healthy.
  12. My home - I'm so grateful for a place where my family and I can feel safe and be together as a family. The most wonderful feeling is when everyone is home, safe, and we are spending quality time together.
  13. Good books - I love to read and love to see my children reading, especially the scriptures. There are many nights when my kids read as they go to sleep. I wish I read more as a kid.
  14. Music - There is so much power in music. Angela learned to communicate through music until she could form her own words. My children are involved in music programs through school and private lessons and love it.
  15. Scouting - My son has learned so much from the scouting program and has given him the confidence to do tough things. He is learning to become a good leader and enjoys the program.
  16. Primary - My children has benefited greatly from this inspired program. My older daughters are in the Activity Day program and I'm grateful for their leaders who plan great activities for them.
  17. Rain/Snow - I'm so glad that AZ received a lot of snow up north and rain in the valley. There has been a drought the past few years and moisture is a welcomed sight.
  18. Beautiful Scenery - Heavenly Father has blessed us with a very beautiful earth and there is so much to see.
  19. Pictures and the memories we remember when we view them.
  20. Journal, Family History, Blogs - It's fun to read and learn about grandparents, parents and more about yourself.
  21. Modern Conveniences - Refrigerator, stove, AC, microwave, telephone, computer, washer, dryer, showers, toilets, etc.
  22. Vehicles - I'm so grateful for running vehicles with working AC. I'm also grateful for a husband who takes good care of them and offers to fill my truck up with gas. Thanks Jim!
  23. Yummy Food - Need I say more!
  24. Family Outings - I love to go places with my family. We have been camping this year, gone to movies, gone bowling, attended the state fair, and done many more activities together. I love spending time with my extended family as well. I love to watch my kids interact with their cousins.
  25. Exercise - I hate to do it, but love the results and the energy I get afterwards.
  26. Games - I love to play games with my family.
  27. My glasses so I can see better
  28. Service - I'm so grateful for the opportunities we have to serve in theward and in the community. It's a great way to meet others and be reminded of what's really important.
  29. Sleep - Nothing is sweeter than a sleeping child. I love to catch up on the sleep that I need too.
  30. Holidays - I'm so grateful for holidays that reminds us what is truly important. Thanksgiving is a great holiday to remind us of how blessed we truly are.

No comments: