Monday, December 14, 2009

Memorable Monday
Baptism with Cousin

On Saturday, I attended a baptism where two cousins were being baptized on the same day. It was a special baptism and very personal to the both of them and their family.


This reminds me of a time when Josh and Brittany were baptized. Josh and Brittany were born a week apart, so it made sense that they share the same baptismal date. On Aug. 31, Britt's birthday, Josh and Brittany were baptized. I remember preparing Josh for this special day and making sure that Josh understood about baptismal covenants. As I walked to the font and turned the corner and saw Jim getting ready to baptized Josh, I wondered if I had prepared Josh enough. I've realized that we are still learning about baptism as adults and the covenants we made when we are baptized. The baptism was very special to me and I enjoyed the sweet spirit that was present. Josh sat so still and listened to the words being said. It was neat to have Jim baptize and confirm Josh and to teach Josh about the priesthood.
This was the picture we used for the cover of their baptismal program.

Josh and Britt after their baptism

No comments: