Monday, January 10, 2011

Family Proclamation

So much has happened to my family this year and it's only the second week. We have been studying the Family Proclamation in our parenting class and found this section to be very comforting at this particular time.

"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. "

I'm so grateful for this document and the powerful message that it sends. Families are so important to our Heavenly Father's Plan.  It is through families that we can learn the principles of repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, and compassion.  I've seen these principles in work with my family this year so far.  I love my family dearly and so glad that Heavenly Father organized us into families.  

No comments: