Monday, January 24, 2011

Memorable Monday
A Memorable Visit

When I started writing my "Memorable Monday" posts on my blog, I wanted to write some memorable moments of my past so that my children could get a sense of who their mom truly is.  I've tried to connect current events that triggered past memories, but sometimes I can't find that connection.  Today, I just wanted to write about a funny story that happened with my high school friends.

I had a high school friend named Wesley.  He was a top notch kid who every parent liked and never got into trouble.  He has some fun and crazy ideas though.  There were many times that Wesley, Tracie, Brad, and I hung out and had some great times.  One night, we were hanging out together and needed something exciting to do.  Wesley had a great idea that we should visit his Grandma and we all agreed that we would be cool.  We were surprised when Wesley drove us to the cemetery.  He forgot to mention that his Grandma had passed away.  He wasn't exactly sure where the grave was, so we walked around in the dark clearing snow around to see if he could see her grave stone.  A police officer was in the area and wondered why four teenagers would be in a cemetery at night while there was snow on the ground.  He approached the four of us and I was scared out of my mind.  Wesley very calmly explained to the officer that he came to pay his respects to his Grandma.  He quickly found the grave stone and sad a few words to his Grandma before leaving the cementer y while the  police officer waited.  He followed us out of the cemetery.  Let's just say that we didn't visit any more of Wesley's relatives again!!!!

No comments: