Monday, January 10, 2011

Memorable Monday
Changing Nicknames

Dani is changing the spelling of her nickname to Danni. I remember changing the spelling of my nickname just before high school. My nickname was spelled Tammy and it worked for me in elementary and middle school. I realized that a lot of people with that particular spelling. I wanted to have a unique spelling and practiced the summer before high school spelling my name Tami. Since I was going to a new school and meeting new people, changing the spelling of my nickname wouldn't cause any problems. I love spelling my name Tami and I'm so glad that I made the change. When Danni talked to me about changing the spelling of her name, I was a little sad a first then I realized that she was doing the same thing that I did and I should support her. I need to practice writing Danni just as I did with my own names several years ago.

No comments: