Monday, November 3, 2014

Memorable Monday
Emily's Birth

Emily's birthday was just yesterday and she turned 10 - Wow where did the time go?

Emily was born on Nov. 2, 2004.  I remember going into labor in the morning and sending Josh and Danni to school with Julie.  I told her that I was going to have a baby today.  Since Angela had a half day of school, we sent her to Grandma Pace's house instead.  We headed off to the hospital to have her.  I remember being so anxious and scared as most moms are.  There was a point in time that I needed to be on oxygen which added to my nervous state.  Everything went well and Emily was born before the kiddos got out of school.  Grandpa Pace picked them up with news that their little sister was born.  She was a very beautiful baby and perfect in every way.

Emily was born on an election day and we joked with the nurses that we would name our little girl either Teresa or Laura depending on whose husband won the election.  Every time the nurses came to see how the baby and I were doing, they spent some extra time with us to see how the election was going.  I was relieved that my doctor insisted that I requested an early ballot and voted as soon as possible.  If I hadn't have done that, then I wouldn't have voted.  President Bush won the election and we didn't name our daughter Laura.  We chose the name Emily Ruth Pace, but we call her Emmy.  The middle name comes from her Grandma Pace. 
We love you Emily!!!

No comments: