Monday, December 14, 2015

Memorable Memory
Journal Entry Dec. 25, 1987

"Christmas in Arizona was quite a shock.  The coolest it got was 40 degrees.  There was no snow.  I really wanted to have a white Christmas, but it didn't happen that way.  Christmas was really great.  We spent some time with Aunt Anna.  She is a really sweet lady.  She lives in Mesa, so it's very nice.  She helped my mom through the move.  We had some neighbors come over.  They brought some oranges and bran muffins.  They told us that there were two different kinds of oranges.  I was just amazed, because I was still tying to get used to the ideas of having citrus fruit, let alone the different kinds.  We called Peggy and Spencer today.  It was really nice to talk to Peggy.  We usually traded gifts at Christmas time.  The Meyer mailed their gifts , but we didn't.  I feel bad, but we were busing with everything else.  We got an electronic keyboard for Christmas.  I had a lot of fun with it.  I love to make recordings with it and make songs.  I just love music.  I'd like to sing or be a great musician some day, but I don't think I'm cute four it .  Maybe some day I will."

No comments: