Sunday, December 13, 2015

Patriarchal Blessing

Josh received his Patriarchal Blessing tonight.  It was a neat and sacred experience for Josh.  Jim and I were able to be there for that and to talk to the Patriarch about Josh.  He is such a great kid and the Patriarch brought that up as we talked.  This blessing will help him throughout his life.
Since Josh received his blessing, Jim and I thought it would be great if we read our own blessings.  They have become available online.  Both Jim and I downloaded and read our blessings.  They are too sacred to share i a book, but we shared them with Josh.  I remember getting mine blessing from Royce Beydler as a young adult.  It was a great experience and I love reliving it with Josh.  Jim received his from his grandpa.  What a treasure it is to have these blessings.  We should read them often especially now that they are so accessible.

No comments: