Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Events 2015

Christmas Tree - I love putting up the Christmas tree early, just after Thanksgiving.  Christmas is not a very long season, so I want to remember it all month long.  This year, Danni's kitty, loved climbing the Christmas Tree.  He could climb up, but couldn't climb down.  One Sunday after church, I looked up at the Christmas tree and spotted Levi.  It's a miracle that we didn't lose any ornaments as he climbed up.

Emily with the Christmas Tree
Levi in the Christmas Tree

Dec. 1st - Decorating Cookies - We bought a kit to decorate cookies.  I was hoping this would simplify my Christmas.  The kids were very creative and did a great job.  Homemade cookies are still the best.

Our creations

Dec. 4th - Merry Main Street and Temple Lights - Mesa has made Main Street a Christmas destination.  We took our family to Pioneer Park and then rode the light rail for free to Center.  We got off at Center and went to see the Mesa Christmas Tree.  This was the first year that I visited the Mesa Tree.  We later went back on the light rail and saw the temple lights.  I love the Mesa Christmas Temple lights and make it a point to go every year.  Danni is performing there at the end of the month, so it'll be fun to go back

Mesa has Pioneer Park all decorated.
Love visiting the statue of the Mesa founders
Light Rail
Mesa Christmas Tree
Family by the Christmas Tree
Temple Lights

Dec. 5th - Ward Christmas Party - Our ward held its Christmas party at the Inter-Stake Center.  It had a Mexican theme.  I love that there was a photo booth station, so we could get a family photo together. 

Family Pic
Danni and friends

Dec. 17th - Seminary Secret Santa - I love this seminary tradition.  Angela felt so special after I picked her up from school.  I appreciate her secret Santa for thinking of her and giving her a wonderful treat that made her feel special.

Angela loves Seminary Secret Santa

Dec. 20 - Christmas Sunday - I love the Sunday just before Christmas and hearing about the birth of our Savior.  It brings me such love and hope.  I love singing Christmas carols. It brings such a spirit to Christmas because it reminds us what Christmas is truly all about.  I love being surrounded by my family and sharing my experience with them. 

Family Pics
My kids
Jim and I
My girls and I
Jim and Josh
Pics with Levi

Dec. 21st - Making Cookies - Since Lisa and my mom are in the same ward, they combine treats to share with neighbors.  My mom loves to give out cookies, so we get together to make cookies.  This year we made them at Lisa's house.  I'm sure that I snacked on a cookie at least once.

Dec. 23rd - Singing with Missionaries - Bro. McKay took the missionaries around the ward and invited families to join them as they sang to members or non-members who needed cheering up.  We went once as a family and Josh went several times.  What a fun way to spread Christmas cheer.

Dec. 24th - Pace Christmas Party - I was in charge of this year's Christmas party.  We held it at Myrna's house on Christmas Eve.  There were a lot of Missionaries out, so we spent some time writing to them.  Myrna bought some egg rolls from a friend and that was part of our dinner.  Our Christmas parties are always fun.

Add caption
Kids with their stuffed animals from
Grandpa and Grandma Pace

Dec. 24th - Christmas Eve Jammies - After our party, we came home opened a few presents, and put on our Christmas jammies.  WE like to open gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Pace plus family gifts.  

Christmas Jammies

Dec. 25th - Christmas Morning - We started Christmas morning at home and then ended up at my parent's house.  Christmas is always such a fun day and the kids love their gifts.  Ashley came home from her mission, so it was fun to have her with us again.

Christmas Morning at Home
Christmas Morning at my parent's house

Dec. 26th - Spending Time with Barneys - Debbie and her family came up and we spent some time together.  

No comments: