Monday, December 21, 2015

Memorable Monday
Christmas Concerts

Concert Season is behind us.  There was a lot to attend this year.  Since Josh has graduated, he did not participate in a concert and I really missed the band.

Dec.  3rd - MHS Choir Concert - Dani and Angela sang beautifully at their choir concert.  It was amazing and I loved every minute of it.  

Dec. 6th - Vespers - Danni participated in Vesters this year with her choir.  It's such an amazing tradition that Mesa High has.  Vesters is a concert where the choirs perform more traditional Christmas music.  It's held on a Sunday and brings such an amazing spirit.  After the concert, the choir goes outside the auditorium and sings Christmas music.

Dec. 8th - Orchestra Concert - At Porter, the band and orchestra have a combined concert.  There are 3 orchestras and 2 band classes.  Each class plays 2-3 songs to show off what they have learned.  It is fun to watch Emily perform and her classmates from the band perform too.
Emily and Abbey - Abbey is in the band.
Emily and Mrs. Pillow

Dec. 10th - Winter One Acts - Danni is also in Drama and participated in the Winter One Acts plays.  This was a 3-day event and I went all 3 days.  I love watching my girls act.

Dec. 15th - Temple Lights - This is one of my favorite concerts.  The choir performed in front of the visitor center and sang Christmas music for 30 minutes.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  Danni told me later that night that she was quitting choir and that was her last concert.  I was very sad to hear that, but it was her decision.

There were a lot of Christmas Concerts to attend this year, but it was worth it.

No comments: