Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Utah


Four days in UT surrounded by my family.  It was bittersweet as our family said goodbye to my mom.  She is mussed, but her legacy lives on.


Angela, Jim, my dad and I drove to Utah to attend my mom's graveside service.  Josh and Emily stayed home.  It was getting close to the end of the year and Emmy didn't want to miss out on school events.  I'm glad she did, because we had to stay 2 extra days.
 
My dad, siblings, and I had a chance to talk about mom and make plans for the graveside service.    While we were there, we were going to look at some places from my dad to live.  He wanted to live in Utah after my mom died.  Lauren arranged tours for us at 3 different locations.  Dad came with us to each visit and he chose the place that he liked and we booked it.  It's a beautiful place that's been open less than a year.  Jim didn't feel good, so we stayed a couple of extra days for him to recover.   We went to church with Jeff and Lauren.  It was cool to attend their Sacrament Meeting and hear their speakers.  Jim, my dad, Debbie, and I sat in the foyer during Sunday School time for a bit.  We didn't want to go to Sunday School.  Steve made an amazing dinner for us on Sunday evening.  He smoked some ribs.  He is the BEST cook!!That night, we walked around the Bountiful Temple.  It's such a beautiful temple. I didn't take a lot of pics.  I was living in the moment and that's where I needed to  be this weekend.  It was a great visit and we enjoyed our time in Utah, even though it was tough to have our final goodbye.
Angela and Addy
Steve helping out
Angela, Addy, and Jacob

No comments: